In a 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll last month, 2% of Americans thought Mitt Romney's first name was Mittens.
Only 6% knew that it’s Willard.
America: Fuck Yeah
- FINGAL: Do you have any documentation of that, like notes from your trip?
- D’AGATA: You’re asking for evidence of a rumor?
- FINGAL: If you’re saying that there was a rumor, I have to find out whether there was in fact a rumor, even if I ignore the truth value of the rumor. Do you remember the name of the company that ran the tour?
- D’AGATA: Are you serious? No, I don’t remember the name of a tour company from more than fifteen years ago. Sorry, readers are going to have to feel factually unfulfilled here.
- FINGAL: Then what about the notes you took during that trip?
- D’AGATA: In 1994 I was a sophomore in college, studying Latin and Greek—not writing—and on vacation with my grandparents. We were going to Hoover Dam on a thousand-hour bus trip through the desert without any air-conditioning. No notes were being taken, Jim.